I used this great video tutorial from Design*Sponge. It's easy and straight forward. Of course, I ran into some issues along the way, but overall, I followed the steps in the tutorial and am very pleased with the result.
The before was a blank wall...no headboard whatsoever.
Here is the after...!
And from a different angle...the lamps are a DIY project too, I'll post on that soon!
And just one more...!
That's just my duvet for the time being, I found a lovely tutorial for a knot quilt that I will someday get around to doing. :)
Here is a list of materials used:
- 2 pieces of 1/4 in. plywood for the bottom and top and attached with dowels. Free! Thanks Uncle Ton!
- 2 sheets of upholstery foam (I used the not-so-firm stuff in 2in. thickness. I picked these up at Fabricville) I think this was around $24.00 each.
- 1 can of spray adhesive (also from Fabricville, and I didn't use the whole can) Approx. $14.00
- Quilt batting (left over from a project, but its from Walmart) $25.00
- Fabric from Fabricville. $39 including my discount car.
- Staple gun
That's a lot better than the ones I was looking at online for over $500.00.And this could definitely be an afternoon project...I just decided to take a few months!
Linking up to: